Question for owners of Sweeter Heater...

Scotty from BI

Songster
Aug 26, 2015
There are many here who have used and liked the Sweeter Heater. I just now received mine when it was dropped off at the door by USPS. I opened it like a kid on Christmas morning and plugged it in with great anticipation that I now had a great solution to winter breeding that would not cause a fire and make for happy little chicks. Unfortunately, when I plugged it in and waited for it to heat up, it did not heat up along one full edge. The last 4-5 inches of the 40 inch model for the entire width of it did not emit any heat at all. Not a little warm... no heat, none. So That means that at least 35 inches of the heater was functioning as expected. I thought for about $150 I would get the whole length of it to heat. But when I called the manufacturer, I got a very pleasant woman who told me that I should expect there to be uneven temperatures and that was just the way they were made. (Long story short). I asked if it could be replaced and she said no, it was not defective based on my description which I offered here and to her.

So here is my question, for owners of these units. Especially the 40 inch model, but anyone. Did your unit have cold portions along the edges or through out the lens on the bottom. I don't want to be unreasonable in requesting a replacement. So am I right to expect it to be hot to all four edges for the entire perimeter of the heat lens? Or is 4-5 inches of unheard surface a reasonable expectation. I like that they Brag that it is made in America and I am happy to pay the very high price for this item to get quality, but somehow, I feel that it did not happen here. What would you do? Thanks. Please no sarcastic or mean spirited comments, I am not trying start anything. Just feel a little confused on how to proceed since she said it was not defective.

Is that area of the heater still cold after the unit has been on continuously for several hours while hanging in the correct position? If I recall correctly, the whole lens tends to heat up after several hours, although some parts of the lens may be a warmer than others.

I left it on for about 4 hours or so both facing down and facing up. I'm okay with some hot and cooler spots but as mentioned over 4 inches x 11 inches of it was not working at all. So it sounds like it actually is somewhat defective. I hate to come off as being like a perfectionist who can not be satisfied, that is not me. But I do feel like I should get my moneys worth. So we will see what happens tomorrow when I confront them with it again.

Back
Top Bottom