Question for those who homeschool multiple kids....

I'm looking more into this program, and the more I see, the better I like it, Ferngully! The adhd kiddo is definately a clock watcher. He's very intelligent, but has been having a lot of trouble focusing on what he's doing and paying attention to details of what he's learning.
We're trying to keep him off of meds for now, so any different approach to chilren who learn differently, is such a great thing!

I mentioned it to dd, lol, guess who's begging to get onto schoolwork on a Sat night?
gig.gif

I think you will like this for your adhd child, he can jump from subject to subject and it keeps track of where he was on that subject. Each lesson is really very short and entertaining. Almost like watching an episode of cartoons between commercials(example of length of time), most kids with adhd are able to concentrate for that length of time before they wander.

My dd will do school work just to be able to play games in recess. "No it is 11pm, it is time to go to bed, you can do more tomorrow" "but mooooom"
lau.gif
Whatever works.

I think you will really like the program for all of your kids. You do get a discount for multiple kids, not much but in the end it is still less expensive than a majority of curriculums. And when, or if you stop for vacation you have them put your account on hold. You pay a couple of dollars for that time period, but it keeps all your levels and work saved for you until you start up again. My children prefer to work during the summer time and on weekends too because of this program.

This program is really outstanding in my opinion (can you tell we love it)
wink.png

I can tell that you love it!
big_smile.png

I'm going to sign up for the 14 day free trial. Do you have any idea if you can put more than one child on that free trial? I'm looking on the site, but am not finding anything about that just yet.

I am really, REALLY excited about this! I've been using various curricula since the oldest started homeschooling in 6th grade, and have a mix and match of several curriculums which work well for them, but anything online really grabs their attention.

I honestly do not know if more than one child can be on the free 14 day trial. Never hurts to try. Maybe try first with the child you think would possibly not like it. then add the others. They do give you examples for each grade of what the work is like that you can show the other kids, if they only let one child try the free.

Come to think of it, You just may be able to do the free trial for each child.....hmmmm....

Have fun
thumbsup.gif

and oh, if you have more than one computer in one room for the kids to work on, might I suggest a set of earphones, lol. I usually listen in on the lessons each child is doing so I can reinforce if necessary, but I find that the kids will listen in on each others lessons
gig.gif
it might be good for the ones who are easily distracted and have trouble concentrating. Then again a 4th grader learning the 7th grader's reading, math, science and history isnt so bad.

I agree that if it is online and interactive it does grab some kids attention better than other forms of education.

Quote:
Thanks for the reply and we do have earphones for the kid's computers, lol. They have signed up for brainpop.com on the free trials and loved that site. It was just really expensive compared to T4L, and all it includes.
I'm going to try with the middle ds first, dd is on the other computer right now on T4L, totally absorbed. This is SO cool!
celebrate.gif

Just signed up for the free trial, and you CAN register up to 8 students at once!
thumbsup.gif
Got both kiddos signed up, placements are done, now all I'm waiting on is the email for confirmation.

Thank you again!!!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom