Question of the Day - Monday, April 29th, 2024

Probably from the 60-70s from what I can find. Almost as old as the house I live in. It came with the house, buried under trash in the back shed.
1000000056.jpg

I'd like to think they just upgraded and put it in the shed temporarily, and then they forgot about it, and if I were to just clean it up it'd work. But that's probably not the case.

Probably from the 60-70s from what I can find. Almost as old as the house I live in. It came with the house, buried under trash in the back shed.View attachment 3816103
I'd like to think they just upgraded and put it in the shed temporarily, and then they forgot about it, and if I were to just clean it up it'd work. But that's probably not the case.
It's possible they could have upgraded. If you want to fix it, don't plug it in before opening it. Those CRT things have insanely high voltages and can kill you if you touch the wrong spot. If it hasn't been plugged in for ages it's probably ok, but if it was plugged in last week I wouldn't touch it.

It's possible they could have upgraded. If you want to fix it, don't plug it in before opening it. Those CRT things have insanely high ,voltages and can kill you if you touch the wrong spot. If it hasn't been plugged in for ages it's probably ok, but if it was plugged in last week I wouldn't touch it.
Well I wouldn't go plugging it in while it's so dusty, that's not how I want to go. I'd probably open the whole thing up and meticulously remove the dust from all the bits and pieces, plus I'd have to check for rats nests, but after doing that I might give it a go.

Well I wouldn't go plugging it in while it's so dusty, that's not how I want to go. I'd probably open the whole thing up and meticulously remove the dust from all the bits and pieces, plus I'd have to check for rats nests, but after doing that I might give it a go.
You'd have to be very careful not to bump something the wrong way as well. Not to mention the capacitors might have aged so much it might not be salvageable. Old electronics are starting to die due to being abandoned.

You'd have to be very careful not to bump something the wrong way as well. Not to mention the capacitors might have aged so much it might not be salvageable. Old electronics are starting to die due to being abandoned.
Yeah that's partially why I want to open it up and see. Even if it's not in the best condition I'm sure some TV nerd might want it for some of the salvageable bits.

I've got a couple of vintage Polaroid Land cameras (circa early 50's and early 60's), and a Revere Eight model 50 8mm movie camera (also circa 50's). I've also got a 50's vintage Zenith (I think) bedside am radio clock thing.

I've ditched most of my other "old" tech. I have one medium size viewable linear particle accelerator of late 1990's vintage left that sees occasional action and still works great. The rest got scrapped.

Back
Top Bottom