Question of the Day - Thursday, May 2nd, 2024

@azurbanclucker HorseGirl just gave me the answer. You can unbock me now.
Who Dis Star Wars GIF by LEGO

Nobody would want to see my favorite pair of socks...

I actually don't have a specific pair of favorite socks. I have three different colors of the same type of sock and that's what I'm always wearing. They're Reebok and cover my ankles. The colors are white, pink, and gray.
I think I have the same socks, lol. The grey ones are my favorite. The white ones are dirty grey and the pink one look weird with most of my clothes, lol. I don't like any of the super short ankle socks. I don't like feeling them sliding down, lol.
I’m pretty sure I know which ones you’re talking about! :)
Same!

I feel sorry for you. They should make you a full admin.
This may astonish you, but I don't even have root at work any more. On purpose.

I can have it back in less than 5 minutes if it's needed, but my role hasn't really involved daily admin work for years. Abiding by the principle of least privilege, I don't NEED root, so I don't have it.

I can tell you though, giving it up is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do at a job. I'm fully on board and it's the right decision, but you don't punch console for 20+ years and not develop a twitch in your eye when you're not on the root password list anymore.

This may astonish you, but I don't even have root at work any more. On purpose.

I can have it back in less than 5 minutes if it's needed, but my role hasn't really involved daily admin work for years. Abiding by the principle of least privilege, I don't NEED root, so I don't have it.

I can tell you though, giving it up is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do at a job. I'm fully on board and it's the right decision, but you don't punch console for 20+ years and not develop a twitch in your eye when you're not on the root password list anymore.
:hugs

At least you have it at home, I hope. I can see how it'd be hard, but then there's security stuff too.

Back
Top Bottom