1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Question re flooring for coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by skhomer, May 12, 2011.

1. skhomer

skhomer Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2011
    Homer, Georgia
    We have enough Corian (white) left over to do the coop floor -- it would be nice for cleaning, but will it be too slick for the chickens and/or me? Other ideas? Linoleum or something like that?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    If you kept the corian covered with wood shavings, that would work out nicely for cleaning.......Otherwise it would get slippery.....

3. GiddyMoon

GiddyMoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Tucson, AZ
    I would use that commercial traction tape they use on stairs. Maybe a strip like every 3" inches, that would prevent slips, then you could put sand or something on top

4. MareeZoCool

MareeZoCool Chillin' With My Peeps

Personally, I'd toss a bunch of straw all over the floor. It's so easy to pick up clumps of straw, then rake & sweep if needed.

5. jamband

jamband Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    corian....like countertop corian? it will be slippery even with shavings........Also conside the weight. Floors in houses need reinforcement before installing often

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by