Question regarding incubation.

chickpea

Hatching
12 Years
Jan 29, 2007
I am new to the forum. I have had chickens for about 2 years now and I want to try to hatch my own. I asked for an incubator for Christmas this year, and my family blessed with me two identical Hovabator with auto egg turners. Im sure they are just wating for a grand hatch! In my efforts to planning for the arrival of several chicks to brood, I discovered I will be out of town for aprox 3 days during the incubation period. With my lack of experience, Im curious to just how sensitive these type incubators can be to temp and humidity change. Depending on which day I set the eggs, I will be away sometime from day 12-16. Does anyone have any thoughts on my concerns. Leaving them unattended for 3 days without anyone to monitor the temp and humidity is worrisome.
Thanks
Chickpea

Once you have it set, you can leave for days until the 18 th day, then some changes must be made. Follow the directions that came with the unit and all will be OK

Great Thanks, The more I read, the more concerned I became. The instructions with the incubator seems easy enough.

Back
Top Bottom