Question regarding roosters

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Tweeza, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Tweeza

Tweeza Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2008
    New England
    Do roosters crow inside coops? I would like a rooster but am concerned about the noise they might make. I got to thinking that maybe they don't crow much inside. I'm thinking this was a dumb question/thought but I just had to ask.

Thanks

2. moduckman

moduckman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2009
    Cairo, Missouri
    Some roosters will crow inside or outside, no matter the time.

3. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    mine crow in and outside anytime from sunrise till sunset

4. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    mine doesnt crow excessively but he does crow morning noon and night, inside or out.

5. Robin L

Robin L Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Mine do, there is no windows in my coop and they start at 3:30 - 4 am every morning. Im not sure what everyone else do [​IMG]

6. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Roosters Crow, that is what they do. They will crow where ever they are, inside a coop will make no difference. They can even crow without being able to stand straight up !

My rooster can crow 14 time in one minute !

7. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    I agree, mine crow inside and out. It really doesn't matter!! [​IMG]

8. clayhill

clayhill Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2008
    Lee County, Arkansas
    Mine does! If fact, he crows occasionally throughout the night. I've also noticed that the more activity or people that are around the more he crows. Silly showout! Have gone in the coop after dark to get eggs and count heads before locking up for the night and he's crowed while I was in the coop - VERY LOUD in a 7'x8' enclosed area.

9. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

My delaware roo crows around 4:30 am, and then again if he gets lost (behind a car, snowdrift, shed etc.) and can't see the rest of the flock. Otherwise he's real quiet.. and he's not SUPER stupid, he only gets lost once or twice a day... the morning crows are really loud, the others are less so. You should borrow a male chinese goose for a few weeks, THEN get the roo, it will be so quiet in comparison!!!

10. mom2fourbebes

mom2fourbebes Out Of The Brooder

Oct 5, 2008
    We had an Ameracauna rooster that began crowing at 3am. The neighbors were nice about it but they weren't amused...so we gave him away.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by