Question with a hen

Animal-lover339

Songster
5 Years
Oct 10, 2018
Puerto rico
Si i got a hen she was gifted to me but she’s still pretty small and idk why so I’m starting to ask myself is it the feed or is it her genetics she’s like as big as my 4 month old pullets and Roos
DEFC6C99-43FC-439A-BCF7-5B4FF3184550.jpeg
the hen in question is the one in the cage

Mixed game hen and she’s most likely small because of genetics and the fact she probably has a lot of Spanish gamefowl in her or being inbred one too many times.

I do you know her breed or what her actual age is? Some breeds are just naturally smaller. She looks healthy to me. As long as she has access to food all day long, she will be fine.
She’s English game not like 100% English game she’s a cross of game birds she’s like probably 7 to 8 months though she hasn’t payed and she always has food and water cuz she’s out in the yard also regular vitamins

Mixed game hen and she’s most likely small because of genetics and the fact she probably has a lot of Spanish gamefowl in her or being inbred one too many times.
She’s actually first gen like it was the first cross ever made since her father is blind and I do own him now her mom died from new castle and she was obtained by another breeder but probably Spanish I guess or maybe the genetics didn’t mix right

Back
Top Bottom