Question

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by cpegram, Jul 17, 2010.

1. cpegram

cpegram Chillin' With My Peeps

ok I have 25 chickens all about 13 weeks old....I have 7 Guinea keets that are 2 weeks old....I have the keets in a brooder at the house of course the chickens are in the coop--and run and free range when i am at home. I know the keets have to be in the brooder for another 4 weeks or so or around there [​IMG] Anyway I would like the keets and chickens to all roost in the same barn, the barn is 20 x 15....and the run attached is about the same. I can box in a corner so they can see each other but not get to the Guineas. I have seen on here to let one go out at a time.....will they all eventually get along or at least ignore each other w/ such a big gap in age?........will this be ok? any advise would be great [​IMG]

2. cpegram

cpegram Chillin' With My Peeps

can anyone help me?

3. robin416

robin416 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2007
    Maybe. That's about the best I can do. Mine were in with the chickens, were actually raised by the chickens then they hit the teenage phase and it all went to h3ll in a hand basket. Injured one of my chickens. That was enough for me, the chickens were moved in to a different coop.

4. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    Maybe sounds right to me! I'll even go as far as to say probably. I have full grown chooks and 6 week old guineas roosting together now. Of course, every once in awhile the guineas will fight on the roost and one will decide to sleep on a hens back (I really need to get a picture of that! [​IMG]) but then hens leave them alone, and they leave the hens alone. Some of them follow my rooster around like he's a rock star though, but they get along.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by