Question

TurtlePowerTrav

T.K.'s Farm
7 Years
Jul 29, 2012
Oregon City, OR
My Coop
My Coop
Is there a list of Moderators and BYC Educators somewhere on here? Is there a way to maybe make their name in the "Who's Online" sidebar a different color? I know a few by their BYC names but know there are quite a few. It would be nice to easily see if they are online so if we need help with anything we can PM them.

Thanks,
Travis

what kind of help?

RobertH

Nothing specific right now. But if the situation arised it would be nice to have access to them. I like to help others, but sometimes I don't have the knowledge and see threads go unanswered. And yes I understand they may not know either. But that is what they are here for, right?

Nothing specific right now. But if the situation arised it would be nice to have access to them. I like to help others, but sometimes I don't have the knowledge and see threads go unanswered. And yes I understand they may not know either. But that is what they are here for, right?
I thought they were kind of Referees. you know Striped shirts and all. Stop fights and enforce the rules.

and if you need help you can flag a post for help.

RobertH

Quote:
Yeah, I know that about the moderators, but a few of them are also BYC educators. I was hoping more of a list of them, but Kevin565 got the link that will help in the future. Thanks
smile.png

I suppose, but so are many members, and I would hate to "burn out" a moderator because they are pecked on to answer questions. after all they are members first, helpers second. they have a lot of responsibility, and I'm fairly sure they are UN-PAID volunteers.

But I think we all try to help when we can. I have looked up and posted links to many people who apparently don't know how to search, or just don't know what to search for.

I like your Idea, just not sure it should be a responsiblity of moderators

RobertH

is there a way to get a list of BYC educators?

Last edited:
You make a excellent suggestion of having a list of BYC Educators. That may be a great project idea for someone to do.

Regarding PMing Moderators here's my experience. *Note* I've never been a Mod on here and have no idea how their system varies.

I did help moderator on a fish forum awhile back so I do have some experience in the field. Things ran much smoother when people would just report a post. Once a post was reported all of the staff could see the issue. When people PMed us privately it put more pressure on individual staff members. I'll be honest on that forum my main use was only in the Betta,Coldwater fish, and African Cichlid sections. If someone would PM me privately about a issue involving something in the Saltwater sections outside of trolling or spam I couldn't be much help. If they would have just reported the post someone with Saltwater experience could have easily responded instead of me having to reply"I'll have to talk to someone and get back to you about it".

I've looked for answers here by using the search bar on top. Really, it's just like google. I typed in key words and got pages full of results and usually an excellent discussion in the first 2-3 threads I clicked on. I often look for answers there if I find a question I can't answer and the info is on here.

Use the forum search function like you'd do a google search and make sure your setting's on "Relevance" You'd be amazed at what you find!

Back
Top Bottom