question?

albird101

Chirping
6 Years
Jun 2, 2013
So I have this rooster who use to be on top of the pecking order and a young cockerel just getting his spurs challenged him he won but now my use to be on top of the pecking order is now acting different he holds his tail down,eats a little and isn't as vocal anymore, is it because he lost or because he's recooperating from the fight? The top rooster now do sent bother him anymore he actually gave him some hens but he has specific hens he doesn't want him by what do you guys think?

Deflated male ego???
idunno.gif
th.gif

I think a little of both. The pecking order can change at any time a challenge is provoked. It is highly unlikely that this defeated rooster will challenge the younger bird again and will appear to be more docile from here on out.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. X2 on TwoCrows' comments about your rooster. How many hens do you have in your flock? The recommended ratio is 1 rooster for every 10 hens. Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

I agree with the above posters--your rooster is probably acting a little "down" because he no longer wants to be/can be the dominant rooster.

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

Back
Top Bottom