question?

albird101

Chirping
6 Years
Jun 2, 2013
So I decided to wait out another week or get my chicks and I decided on which breeds I'm getting!! I'm getting 6 easter egger pullets,1 easter egger Cockrell, 2 buff orpington pullets, and 3 silkie hens my goal is to breed and sell the Easter eggers since easter Eggers lay colored eggs for the most part I can always separate all the colored eggs from the other brown and white ones not only that my silkies will be used to hatch the eggs out or I'll sell fertile eggs till one goes broody... I noticed lots of people in my area love easter Eggers and I'm pretty sure I can sell mine pretty quick and make money to supply there food and needs I was just wondering if this was a good idea? I'm getting the chicks vaccinated so there protected and ready to start laying next spring

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Sounds like a workable plan. All three of your breeds are very popular breeds. Silkies are wonderful brooders and mothers. If you want to sell the extra eggs, brown eggs are always in demand (a lot of people prefer them to white eggs, even though nutritionally they are identical) and there is a surprising number of people who prefer the colored eggs of the Easter Eggers even to the brown eggs. We have both brown egg layers and EEs in our flock and we have no trouble selling our extra eggs to the neighbors in our area. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Sounds like a good plan. You may also have a market for young(hoped for) broodies when the silkies hatch some of their own eggs.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Good luck with your breeding projects and we do welcome you to our flock!

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

Back
Top Bottom