questions about a poorly Pekin- stiff neck and lethargy

@BaileyP were you able to get your duck checked out by the vet?

I called the vet and they walked me through a little duck triage to see if we needed to get her in urgently. They said if something like that was truly stuck in her throat, there is no way she would be eating/drinking/behaving the way she is, and it would've almost certainly killed her by now. We think I may have actually been feeling her trachea, which is a bit embarrassing to admit 😅

We're moving forward thinking it's a neck sprain or injury of some sort. Continuing to monitor and treat with pain/anti-inflammatory meds, and if it doesn't improve in the next couple of days they'll see her for an x-ray. Lethargy could be a combination of pain, molting, and general lack of strength right now.

I definitely may have overreacted but this girl has been through so much I'm just heartbroken to see her suffering in any way.

Will keep updating!

Sorry I am just now seeing this update sure hope your seeing some improvement.
Unfortunately, she took a turn for the worst this morning. I was gathering blankets and getting ready to rush her into the vet when she collapsed and had a seizure in my arms.

I don't know what took her, but she held on and fought for a long time, even seemed to be improving :( She'd been eating, drinking, quacking, tail wagging up until this morning.

Thanks for all the advice and well wishes. She was a great duck and my heart is broken. 💔

Unfortunately, she took a turn for the worst this morning. I was gathering blankets and getting ready to rush her into the vet when she collapsed and had a seizure in my arms.

I don't know what took her, but she held on and fought for a long time, even seemed to be improving :( She'd been eating, drinking, quacking, tail wagging up until this morning.

Thanks for all the advice and well wishes. She was a great duck and my heart is broken. 💔
i’m so 😢 sorry i know how sad it is :hugs

I am so sorry to hear this. Bless your heart, it is always so hard when we try all we can to help and they still pass. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom