Questions about Flocks

Iceman23

Chirping
Jan 31, 2015
What does Broody mean?
Does anyone have the following breeds?
Welsummer, Black Langshan, Blue Cochin, White Plymouth Rock, Speckled Sussex, or Golden Campine?
If so would you tell me information below about your experience with these hens? No roosters. Thank you.
woot.gif
yesss.gif
D.gif

Broody means the hen wants to set on her eggs.

Golden Campines FLY! Like ducks. So they will fly over a 10 foot fence and over to the forest in one flight. I loved them though. They were the most adventurous, friendly (well they aren't the friendliest of my breeds I have had but you know what I mean) cheerful birds I ever had. Soooo talkative!

Welsummers are friendly but a bit standoffish. I thought the same of my Speck. Sussex. Cochins are sweet, but the bantams are sweeter (they come in both).

Cochins don't lay very well, but they are some of the most docile, sweet chickens I have ever had (the bantams). They go broody constantly.

Last edited:
Broody means the hen wants to set on her eggs.

Golden Campines FLY! Like ducks. So they will fly over a 10 foot fence and over to the forest in one flight. I loved them though. They were the most adventurous, friendly (well they aren't the friendliest of my breeds I have had but you know what I mean) cheerful birds I ever had. Soooo talkative!

Welsummers are friendly but a bit standoffish. I thought the same of my Speck. Sussex. Cochins are sweet, but the bantams are sweeter (they come in both).

Cochins don't lay very well, but they are some of the most docile, sweet chickens I have ever had (the bantams). They go broody constantly.
Great thank you for that. :)

Back
Top Bottom