Questions about hatching in egg cartons...

I prefer hatching in cartons. I use the paper cartons, trim down the sides and poke holes in the bottoms incase I get a low pipper. So far its been working great. It also makes for easier clean up since all the egg "gunk" stays in the carton.

Here is how I cut the carton down. Those are pekin eggs.

7443_dsc01645.jpg

Oh wow lots of posts!
big_smile.png

SundownWaterfowl I love your hatching cartons, I think thats the style I will use. I was very worried about the hatched chicks playing football with the other eggs.
thumbsup.gif

oh yes - i'm too acquainted with the "football" games! I'm at day 20 on a staggered hatch - is it to late to put my 2nd batch of eggs in an egg carton? they've been out of the egg turner since Sunday AM - laying on their sides - any thoughts?

This is my first hatch and I am STRESSED
barnie.gif
- shipped eggs and all!

I will say I have 5 out, 1 on his way out, and 1 pip at the moment...
woot.gif

Yeah its my first hatch too! AND I went with shipped eggs too! Stressed to the max
barnie.gif
the people at work call me a momma hen because I run home every lunch to check on my eggies.

Quote:
Great reply! I do the exact same thing when I incubate eggs. I've done it both ways, with and without the cartons, and I would never do it without cartons again.
BTW, I think that I got the idea about cutting out the bottoms for air circulation from a post that you made several months ago.
Your photo shows it well.

Quote:
Great reply! I do the exact same thing when I incubate eggs. I've done it both ways, with and without the cartons, and I would never do it without cartons again.
BTW, I think that I got the idea about cutting out the bottoms for air circulation from a post that you made several months ago.
Your photo shows it well.

Thanks. I will never hatch without cartons again either.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom