Questions bout incubators

mkhenderson17

Songster
9 Years
Sep 8, 2010
Ok so Im thinking about getting an incubator. First question my aunt has an incubator, its a little giant but her egg turner broke, she told me I can borrow it. How hard is it to hatch out eggs with out an egg turner?
Next, what do you guys think of the little giant incubator from TSC? If I bought one I would buy the fan to go with it. I want to buy something just as a hobby but I dont want to spend a lot of money no it.

What other types of incubators are good and easy to use and fairly cheap?

Thanks in advanced!

How difficult is it to get the one without the egg turner? How often should the eggs be turned? Whats the difference in hatching rates? Sry for all the questions. Thanks!

The Brinsea's are onsale right now too.
wink.png

Eggs need to be turned at least 3 or 4 times a day, do not touch the Little Giant, go with a HovaBator 1508 with the built in thermostat and buy a turner. Or a Brinsea, both are good........ I have 2 incubators, use one for incubating and the other for hatching out the eggs...

Borrow the LG from your aunt. Get a cheap computer fan and install it, hook up to a old cell phone charger. Hand turning eggs is not hard. Turn in morning and again in evening, twice a day is enough. Save your cash and use whats available. Many use LG's and have success. If you don't use a fan run the temp. at 101 F measured at top of eggs. Have fun.

Back
Top Bottom