Questions Concerning Nurture Right 360’s

I had one single chick hatch out of an incubator full last time and I had to scramble to find it some buddies.

This year has been extremely weird for me the eggs aren’t hatching they are dying like at the last day🤷🏼‍♀️
Im no expert, but first things that come to mind are genetic issues and breed. Whats the breed? Where are you getting the eggs from? You aren’t washing them or anything are you? Whats your humidity and temp? And your turning them right?

Im no expert, but first things that come to mind are genetic issues and breed. Whats the breed? Where are you getting the eggs from? You aren’t washing them or anything are you? Whats your humidity and temp? And your turning them right?
It’s a mix of many breeds, and I usually take them from the boxes to the incubator. I never wash and I have a turner that does the job quite well. My temp is normal and I keep the humidity levels right for my area that I live in. It’s just been quite an awful year for incubating for me at least. This is not the first year for me I’ve been doing this now for years with great success this year has just been weird🤷🏼‍♀️

Have you done eggtopsies to see what's going on inside the egg? Humidity being too high is a common cause for late quitters.
I usually keep it between 30-40% during the incubation process, and being honest😳 I usually forget to up the humidity come hatch time so it’s not that problem🤷🏼‍♀️

Have you done eggtopsies to see what's going on inside the egg? Humidity being too high is a common cause for late quitters.
A lot of time I do and I really don’t know what I’m looking for🤷🏼‍♀️ Sometimes I can tell that it’s bacterial but other times they look perfectly fine🤷🏼‍♀️

I usually keep it between 30-40% during the incubation process, and being honest😳 I usually forget to up the humidity come hatch time so it’s not that problem🤷🏼‍♀️

Well, it could be the exact opposite then. Humidity being too low can cause issues too. 😅 It's hard to say without knowing what you're seeing in the egg when they don't hatch on the last day though. Are they pipping and then quitting?

A lot of time I do and I really don’t know what I’m looking for🤷🏼‍♀️ Sometimes I can tell that it’s bacterial but other times they look perfectly fine🤷🏼‍♀️

Ok, I'm going to ask a bunch of questions to try to figure this out, lol.

Do you have a secondary calibrated thermometer and hygrometer to check against the incubator prior to incubation?

Are you incubating eggs all from one flock or multiple flocks and encountering the same issues?

Do they pip internally or externally prior to quitting?

Are you remembering to reset the number of days to hatch to 21 when you set new eggs in the NR360? The turner only rotates automatically when the days are reset because it has an automatic shut off 3 days prior to hatch.

Well, it could be the exact opposite then. Humidity being too low can cause issues too. 😅 It's hard to say without knowing what you're seeing in the egg when they don't hatch on the last day though. Are they pipping and then quitting?
Could possibly be that but it’s never affected the hatch in the past. It’s kind of a 50-50 thing with the pips. Some do and some don’t.

Ok, I'm going to ask a bunch of questions to try to figure this out, lol.

Do you have a secondary calibrated thermometer and hygrometer to check against the incubator prior to incubation?

Are you incubating eggs all from one flock or multiple flocks and encountering the same issues?

Do they pip internally or externally prior to quitting?

Are you remembering to reset the number of days to hatch to 21 when you set new eggs in the NR360? The turner only rotates automatically when the days are reset because it has an automatic shut off 3 days prior to hatch.
No I do not. I always say I’m gonna calibrate it but I never do.😔 Just one, my flock. The last batch I did last year was from a different flock and they hatched good, but before that they had been hatching well. Most of the time it is only internally they haven’t made it to the external mark this year. Yes I remember to reset it, I have the incubator in my room and I hear the turner do it’s job😂

Back
Top Bottom