Questions for hatching button quail please?

hebe5

Songster
6 Years
Aug 19, 2016
UK
Hello there,

I've decided i would like to hatch some button quail as I think they are adorable! I am thinking of buying a Brinsea mini advance automatic. Does anyone have any tips for me with this model? Also has anyone used a electric hen to brood them as I am very reluctant to use a heat lamp - I hatched some serama with a couple of broodies last year and then had a bit of a problem so bought a heat lamp but it started to smell of burning after a while!!

I use heat plates for brooding. The Premier 1. They are very safe and reliable.
Any incubator will work as long as you can verify temperature, humidity and turning.
Most bird species have similar parameters for incubating.

I use heat plates for brooding. The Premier 1. They are very safe and reliable.
Any incubator will work as long as you can verify temperature, humidity and turning.
Most bird species have similar parameters for incubating.
Thank you - that's good to know. I've only used the natural way before so an incubator is a whole new ball game for me. I haven't heard of the premier 1 brooder - I was thinking of the Brinsea Eco brooder.

I haven't hatched buttons but I'll check to see how low it goes. I've never used the lowest settings so I think it should work. I'll get back with you.
I'm not sure it needs to touch the back but it does need to be very close.

I haven't hatched buttons but I'll check to see how low it goes. I've never used the lowest settings so I think it should work. I'll get back with you.
I'm not sure it needs to touch the back but it does need to be very close.
Thank you! :)

Back
Top Bottom