Questions On Hovabator Genesis 1588

PepsNick

Back to Business
9 Years
May 9, 2010
Egglanta, GA
I have settled on this bator! I have some questions...

-In Atlanta (humid place) what should the humidity be at? 35*?
-How do I read the humdity level, or what do I need to purchase for it?
-Where can I get it where it will arrive in the fastest amount of time?

Thank you.

Nick

Last edited:
I use the hygrometer/thermometer combo from accurite.....you can get them from Walmart.

Some of finding the humidity level that works best for you is trial and error.....a lot depends on where you're located...even the altitude can make a difference. I keep mine at about 30% for the first 18 days...that's what I've determined works best for me over many years of hatching.

I have the 1588, love it. Numerous hatches, all went well. The only problem with the 1588 is that there's no button for "Hatch Pullets Only".
big_smile.png

I do like Katy does, run the humidity at 30-35% for the first 18 days, then raise it to 50-55% for lockdown. I think environment does make a difference. You want the area around the incubator to be stable, temp wise.

GQF, the manufacturer, is right down the road in Savannah, but they don't always have the best price. I though about driving the 2 hours to Savannah, then realized their shipping was so low that I'd spend more on gas! It got here in 2 days.

I got a hygrometer/thermometer at WalMart and another from GQF.

All you really need to do is fill up the 1 reserviour then evry 3 or 4 days refill it my humidity stays around 40 to 50% with the recommended channel full then at lock down I fill both channels.

Back
Top Bottom