questions, questions and questions

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by jackiedon, Nov 12, 2008.

1. jackiedon

jackiedon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    My cornish x are 4 weeks old. We were feeding them game starter that was 28% protein. So my husband bought game conditioner which is 20% protein. It was pellets and not mash. Is the the pellets ok?

Is the game conditioner 20% ok?

They still have a little bloody firm stool. I was putting powdered milk in their water. I have ran out of the powdered milk and before I go buy some more I have 1/2 gallon of "Save a Kid" dried milk to feed a baby goat. Can I use it?

I weighted some yesterday and they are about 2lb 5 oz. The smaller ones are 1 lb 8 oz. The larger ones are feathered out but the smaller ones are pretty bare. What does that mean?

Thanks in advance.

jackie

2. skand

skand Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    Odessa, Tx
    OOO okies here goes me pretending I have a clue, sorta.
    We feed our birds, guineas, chickens, game fowl, peafowl and pheasants game conditioner, game maintence, and a couple other things too, but since you asked game, I'll mention those.
    The game conditioner should be fine, it has a high protein. If you switch to that for good, I don't know. But if you just switched for the one bag or so, it should be okay. My birds hate pellets, but you can break them up by hand, or smoosh with like a hammer, or whichever means you want. Add water and put them in a blender.

I think with the milk, like the food, for the time being, it should be okay. Don't second guess yourself, they're your birds, you know them best. Also, it's your money paying for the stuff. lol
    Hope I could help ya if only a lil. Sorry, I don't even try to pretend I know the right answer.

3. jackiedon

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    Thanks Skand for your reply.

Does any of you experts have any suggestions?

jackie

4. skand

skand Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    Odessa, Tx
    no prob. Just didn't want you having an anurysem. lol

5. jaku

jaku Chillin' With My Peeps

My meat birds eat 20% all the time, so that should be fine.

6. jackiedon

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    Quote:What!!! I willl never ask a question again!!!

jackie

7. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    You haven't hit the hump yet, jackie. In about another week to week and a half you will begin to see MAJOR size changes and growth.

If the poops is bloody I have to suspect cocci.

Sulmet in the drinking water and no dispatching for at least 2 - 3 weeks after they finish the course of meds.

8. jackiedon

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    Thank you Miss Prissy.

jackie

9. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    As far as the goat's milk is concerned, my chickens get that every day. If I run short they are very quick to help me milk one of my goats. The goaties don't like sharing the stand. [​IMG]

10. jackiedon

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    Thank you sweetshoplady!!! I will try it.

jackie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by