questions, questions and questions

jackiedon

Songster
12 Years
Jun 4, 2007
Central Arkansas
My cornish x are 4 weeks old. We were feeding them game starter that was 28% protein. So my husband bought game conditioner which is 20% protein. It was pellets and not mash. Is the the pellets ok?

Is the game conditioner 20% ok?

They still have a little bloody firm stool. I was putting powdered milk in their water. I have ran out of the powdered milk and before I go buy some more I have 1/2 gallon of "Save a Kid" dried milk to feed a baby goat. Can I use it?

I weighted some yesterday and they are about 2lb 5 oz. The smaller ones are 1 lb 8 oz. The larger ones are feathered out but the smaller ones are pretty bare. What does that mean?

Thanks in advance.

jackie

OOO okies here goes me pretending I have a clue, sorta.
We feed our birds, guineas, chickens, game fowl, peafowl and pheasants game conditioner, game maintence, and a couple other things too, but since you asked game, I'll mention those.
The game conditioner should be fine, it has a high protein. If you switch to that for good, I don't know. But if you just switched for the one bag or so, it should be okay. My birds hate pellets, but you can break them up by hand, or smoosh with like a hammer, or whichever means you want. Add water and put them in a blender.

I think with the milk, like the food, for the time being, it should be okay. Don't second guess yourself, they're your birds, you know them best. Also, it's your money paying for the stuff. lol
Hope I could help ya if only a lil. Sorry, I don't even try to pretend I know the right answer.

You haven't hit the hump yet, jackie. In about another week to week and a half you will begin to see MAJOR size changes and growth.

If the poops is bloody I have to suspect cocci.

Sulmet in the drinking water and no dispatching for at least 2 - 3 weeks after they finish the course of meds.

As far as the goat's milk is concerned, my chickens get that every day. If I run short they are very quick to help me milk one of my goats. The goaties don't like sharing the stand.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom