Quick and easy way to kill pretty far-along duck eggs?

And enjoy watching mama and ducklings. It’s really precious
Mhm, it really is. We have let a female duck hatch ducklings before, and she was a really good mom. They all survived, which is why I cannot keep this batch since we already have to many ducks due to her. I would love to keep them, but they deserve to go somewhere where they have more space. The ducks we have now have enough space, but if we added 7 more it would be very crowded and chaotic haha.

How are you trying to break her..and where are the eggs while you do that?
So the first week we had family friends who had wanted the ducklings, but they had changed their minds after the first week because they had their own successful hatch. I was trying to "break" her broodiness by lifting her off the nest because I was stupid since she had replaced one of the eggs I had taken away earlier, and I was worried that she would keep replacing them. So I thought that taking her off the nest consistently would discourage her and I would be able to move the eggs up to the incubator in our house so that they wouldn't have to die. I made this thread just in case, I knew I probably wasn't going to let them die but I wanted to hear what you guys thought. I have decided to let her hatch them though because it isn't super easy to discourage a broody duck, and I am going to rehome the ducklings.

Back
Top Bottom