Quick! Need an answer on Nutrena chick starter...

Picky Chicky

Songster
11 Years
Sep 22, 2008
Holly Grove, VA
My babies have been having some crazy amounts of cecal poo and so I was going to have DH pick me up some chick starter.

DH went to Southern States and they're out. I called the local (much smaller) feed store and they have the Nutrena chick starter but the bag didn't say it was medicated - am I to assume that it's not medicated, or is all Nutrena/chick starter feeds medicated?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but thanks for the quick answers!

Sorry - have to give this one a nudge since DH is en route... he'll either pass the store and go home or stop... I've got about 20 minutes.
smile.png

I use Nutrena Nature Wise Chick Starter, and yes it is Medicated, for some reason it does not say it on the bag, but it does if you look at the little tag attached to the bottom of the bag (I think it's on the bottom, I ripped my off a when I bought it).

Last edited:
Quote:
yes, the Chick Starter/Grower is unmedicated. The Nature Wise Chick Starter is medicated.

I called Nutrena to ask, because I use the chick starter/grower with my baby call ducks. Its a mash, so I wet it and feed them the wet mash, which they love.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom