Quick question- can my Muscovy duck hatch chicks along with her ducklings?

Maiahr

Crowing
Jul 21, 2019
Bulgaria, a country in Eastern Europe
My Coop
My Coop
I have a Muscovy duck who is due to hatch in two days - 12 of her own eggs, all moving. I have chicks due to hatch in the incubator at the same time (just coincidence), so I was wondering if I can put the chicken eggs under the duck so she hatches both the ducklings and the chicks?

Last edited:
I posted a similar question about a month ago. From what they told me, they cannnn but it might not go that well when the duck tries to teach her babies how to swim.

I have a Muscovy duck who is due to hatch in two days - 12 of her own eggs, all moving. I have chicken chicks due to hatch in the incubator at the same time (just coincidence), so I was wondering if I can out the chicken eggs under the duck so she hatches both the ducklings and the chicks?
I don’t think so because the chicks will hatch a lot sooner so she will get off the nest and may leave her eggs! Not unless you have her sit on her eggs till there’s 21 days left and the set the chicken eggs! That’s what I do is what till my duck eggs only have 21 day and then set the chicken eggs!

@CaliFarmsAR Yes, the mathematics is done by coincidence so the ducklings and the chicks will hatch at the same day. So, you have done it and the mother duck is ok with baby chicks? I.e. she won't kill them after realising they are not ducklings?
Oh I mean under a chicken I did the reverse! Sorry! I would think she would be fine though!

Back
Top Bottom