Quick Question. Me Being kinda slow....

muscovy94

Crowing
14 Years
Nov 11, 2008
Vicksburg, MS
Hey I have a quick question. I know this might sound kind of lame, but it will bug me if i don't ask it.....

On all of the stuff i have read on this site, it said not to open the incubator during the last 3 days of incubation on waterfowl. What if the humidity goes down and i need to add some water? can i open it to put some water in or should i just leave it be?

Thanks.

that's a good question I'm going to be doing my first hatch and I was going to ask this too.
I'm getting 6 BC maran eggs and I want to do the best I can with them

Some people use fish tank tubing, or another kind of small tube and use a medicine syringe to add water. You can put the tube right through the vent hole and not have to even open it. Ive tried it, its not that hard. I think a straw would be easier though. Especially a McDonalds large straw.
tongue.png

You are probably wanting to add sponges or something like that?

the reason to not open it is to prevent heat and hum% loss..

but in your case, you are going to imediately raise the hum% very high right away.. so if your bator has a quick heat recovery rate, I do not see the harm..

what you could do though, is put the sponges ahead of time, just do not soak them until the last 3 days.

then use the the tubing method and you are good to go..

Back
Top Bottom