Quick question on HATCHER

giasmom

Songster
10 Years
Mar 31, 2009
Woodville, Al
I've got a split hatch going, Built a mini fridg bator. Want to move eggs that are ready to hatch to fridge bator to use as hatcher. Can I put the eggs in a solid bottom tray? Or does it need to be screened on bottom to give them air flow still?

Tammy

Last edited:

Dipsy Doodle Doo

ODD BIRD
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Aiken, South Carolina 29801
My Coop
My Coop
Hi! That's a question I can't answer for certain.
I'd *guess* if the temp is stable on the solid bottom tray, the eggs will be fine there.
Good luck with your hatch!
smile.png

Lisa

greathorse

Songster
11 Years
Oct 1, 2008
Northern Colorado
I will respond by saying every hatching tray I have seen has a screen bottom. I would imagine there is a good reason for that. Will you have a hatch on a solid one I am sure you will. Will you have better circulation and improved performance with air movement I would guess the answer is yes.

giasmom

Songster
10 Years
Mar 31, 2009
Woodville, Al
Thanks for the replies. I've already figured it out. I put the guinea eggs in the fridge bator And left the others where they were. Only reason I wanted to know about the solid bottom was I didn't want the chicks to fall off the shelf in the fridge bator so I was going to put them in a pan with sides on it instead of just on the rack itself. No problem now though. Thanks again.

Top Bottom