Quick questions

tay_boe

Songster
9 Years
Aug 27, 2010
Does everyone use an additional incubator for hatching? How does that work?

Also could I use an LG or hovabator for this? Which of the 2 brands is better? ( if there is a better 1)

I have 3 incubators 2 I use for incubating and the 3rd which is a Hovabator I use for hatching. The only reason I don't hatch in the other two is because I do lots of staggered hatches so it would be impossible to lock them all down at the same time.
smile.png

I know of folks who use a second incubator for hatching. They have the second one up and stable by day eighteen. When the eggs are ready for lockdown there placed in the hatching incubator.

I use an LG for incubating ( only 'cause I don't have a Sportsman) and another LG for a hatcher. By using one for a hatcher I don't have to remove the auto egg turner for lockdown. This year I will also install a fan in the incubator to maybe increase my hatch rate. Hope this helps answer your questions.... Happy Hatching!

Quote:
you have already had some real good answers to your question.. however it is not absolutely necessary to have an extra bator just for hatching.. just remove the turner on day 18 and lay the eggs on the wire bottom//

Back
Top Bottom