Quick rabbit question :)

Snowygirl

Songster
8 Years
Jun 15, 2011
Mirkwood
Hi All,

We're getting 2 rabbits on Sat. and I we where planning to keep them inside for a couple days when

first pick them up. But we want to be able to move them outside, and I wasn't sure if that would be

okay, or if they would react badly to the transition. Thanks!!
smile.png

Depends if they are inside or outside now and what kind of weather you are having. If they are outside right now and it's cool out, then bringing them into a warm house for a few days and putting them back out wouldn't be good. But if you are in a warmer climate I can't see any harm in it. If they are inside now and it's cold out keeping them inside until it gets warmer is probably best. Rabbits are pretty tough but I don't think it's nice to make them adjust and readjust over and over. Hope that helps
smile.png

If it's a really dramatic temperature change, then you'll want to be careful. Remember, rabbits do much better in cold weather than they do in hot weather.

^

This. So very much this! Rabbits THRIVE in 45-65 degree weather. Once you start getting 75+ with sun, you're asking for trouble without shade and a cool breeze.

Back
Top Bottom