Quick temperature question

My15Ducks

Chirping
May 17, 2023
Hawaii
I’m incubating duck eggs.
My incubator’s display says it is 37.5-37.6 degrees Celsius. I used a human mercury thermometer set at egg level to compare - and it says it is 37.1 Celsius. (I do not have any ice to calibrate the mercury thermometer, and I can’t use boiling water because it doesn’t have the range for that)

I’m getting some digital reptile thermometers on Monday, and will calibrate them.

So my question: Should I keep trusting the incubator, or trust the mercury thermometer?

Can’t wait for my thermometers to arrive on Monday!!!

I’m incubating duck eggs.
My incubator’s display says it is 37.5-37.6 degrees Celsius. I used a human mercury thermometer set at egg level to compare - and it says it is 37.1 Celsius. (I do not have any ice to calibrate the mercury thermometer, and I can’t use boiling water because it doesn’t have the range for that)

I’m getting some digital reptile thermometers on Monday, and will calibrate them.

So my question: Should I keep trusting the incubator, or trust the mercury thermometer?

Can’t wait for my thermometers to arrive on Monday!!!
Do you have a human thermometer? They are usually very close if you have nothing calibrated to trust.

Yes, it’s a human thermometer. I guess I will raise the temperature and go with the human thermometer until I get my new ones. This is nerve wracking 😅
Thanks!

After raising the temperature, I put 2 mercury human thermometers in the incubator and they both read 99.3 F. I am going to try raising the temperature a tiny bit more and check again 😬

Back
Top Bottom