Quilt Block Swap for March 2010

Acre of Blessings

Canning/Sewing Addict
11 Years
Apr 3, 2008
Axton, VA
Coordinator: Acre of Blessings

Please read ALL rules carefully as some have changed. All changes are in BOLD lettering.

Here is how it will work:

*Each person will make up one quilt block per month, to send to one other person in the group. Each person will receive one quilt block per month. * If you're feeling brave, you can sign up TWICE. So you will make two for two different people, and you will receive two from two different people. You cannot sign-up no more than twice, no exceptions. Any questions.....you can e-mail me personally.

* If you are to receive a block from someone.....Remember they have until the 25th of each month to get this block sent out, so there needs to be no reminding any person that they are to send you a block. If this happens I will take you off the list for the following month.

*Each person can chose the color (or two) of blocks they would like to receive. All Blocks will be 12.5 unless otherwise requested and noted.

*Fabrics must be 100% cotton and pre-washed to avoid shrinkage.

Sign-ups for the monthly swaps end on the 10th of each month.

*You must be 18 yrs. old or older to participate in this swap, unless you are a friend or family member that will stick to sending out a block.

*It will be your responsibility to acquire the addy of the person you are to send to. I have lots of addresses on hand, though, if needed.

*Folks can sign up for one month and not the next, for however long we continue. No need to promise to be here sewing for a year. One month at a time!

ADDED:
* Completed blocks must be mailed out by the 25th of each month. If you know there is going to be a delay.....please let me (Acre) and the person you are to send to know that there will be a delay. Unfortunately, though, your name will not be added to the list the following month until the block is sent out. Thanks for understanding.

I will update this first post each month. You will need to sign up by the 10th of Each Month to be in the swap...no exceptions.

Feel free to chat and/or swap fabric pieces as needed on this thread. Blocks and fabric pieces can easily be popped into an Manila envelope making postage not too big of an issue. Please contact me to make any changes in color, size or if you want to drop out or join up.

You can drop out and join at any point along the way, but you MUST send out the block(s) that you committed to after the 10th of the month and if the block isn't sent by you.....your name will be removed from the list until you, yourself, makes it right with the person you were to send to.

I will no longer make extra blocks to send to anyone who doesn't receive blocks from others. The postage cost aren't cheap, as you all know. The non-sending persons name will simply be removed from the list until the block is sent.

DISCLAIMER:
BYC, and staff are not responsible for what happens within this swap and that people should only swap if they are comfortable knowing they might not get a block in return. (Mail or failure on the part of one person to send one) I will do my best to make sure that does not happen. Please PM me, Acre, if there are any failures this way I can do what needs to be done.

O.K. for all you that are st-itchin' to get the new list, here it is.

This go round I will, again, start with an empty list. If you would like to be in the Quilt Block Swap, please post letting me know you would like to be added.

Also, if you haven't been a part of any of the swaps so far, please PM me your mailing address.

If you were a part of last months swap DO NOT sign up for this month if you haven't sent your other blocks. If I find out you didn't send your previous block ..... your name will be removed from the list, immediately.

Also.....if I receive more complaints about unusable blocks (due to the wrong fabric being used) I will take your name off the list. I understand that this is a learning experience for all of us, but, I ask.....PLEASE use 100% cotton fabric.

Thank you all for your participation in the swap and let's ALL make this as fun as possible

Participants for March..........

goldenluver
Acre's neighbor
piecemaker
Patchesnposies
cclady
Lunachick
Acre of Blessings
goldenluver
Patchesnposies

Last edited:
Quote:
So glad to see that your back.......
smile.png

Quote:
smile.png

Thanks my computer was having old age trouble (it"s age not mine). On another post you said something about making a wedding ring quilt for some one. Not to long ago on Quilt in a day she did one were she applique (sp) the rings after they are pieced. It looks ALOT easier then trying to piece the whole top like you would normally do.

Golden any thing special for your block?

piecemaker

Quote:
smile.png

Thanks my computer was having old age trouble (it"s age not mine). On another post you said something about making a wedding ring quilt for some one. Not to long ago on Quilt in a day she did one were she applique (sp) the rings after they are pieced. It looks ALOT easier then trying to piece the whole top like you would normally do.

piecemaker

still to soon to ask, some one could sign up below you yet.

Quote:

piecemaker

still to soon to ask, some one could sign up below you yet.

I forgot it is the person below me, I'm sorry I should have ask Patchesnposies.
So is there anything special for your block PnP

piecemaker

Quote:
I'm pretty easy, Piecemaker, whatever strikes your fancy!

I guess I'll wait to see if there are others who sign up,before I ask about color preferences, etc...

Back
Top Bottom