Quite a few to point out the breed

milo1108

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 11, 2012
raising chickens since april 2012
Well I have recently started raising chickens and surprise to me, I have quite a few that I know are all different. There are maybe 2 or 3 out of the bunch that I am not quite sure about, though I do know who is a hen and who is a roo.

I am quite sure this one is a roo since he started crowing not too long ago, I'm just not quite sure about the breed. I'm thinking a mixed one?

I know the orange/black one is a silician buttercup but I'm not quite sure what the greyish/silver one is. I also know they are both hens.

When the sun hits just right for this hen, her back feathers look green.

This is a close up of the silver/grey one

My EE. She has quite a shy personality.

I'm thinking the red one is a production red. Thank you everyone for your help to determine what breeds I have.

I dont have anything to add, sorry. (I'm still what some might call a newbie. *lol*)

But I must say that I just LOVE the pumpkin-orange colored chicken. Look like a little Halloween chicken!

The one with a white neck and striped body is a Silver Campine or Egyptian Fayoumi. (I'm not sure how to tell the difference.) The rooster looks like a Sex Link.

I love your buttercup! I had 2 chicks once, but they both died.
hit.gif
Has she started laying yet? Beautiful roo! And
welcome-byc.gif

None of my hens have started laying yet. I'm sure I will know because I have a leghorn roo and he is quite a noisy fellow. The Sicilian Buttercup will definitely be the first to be laying though since her comb is starting to grow out. I've heard that hens' combs start getting extremely red when they are ready to lay. Is there any truth to that?

Back
Top Bottom