Quitter? Day 19 candling questions

Coygood86

In the Brooder
Apr 12, 2021
Hello, I've got 12 ancona duck eggs in my incubator and things have been going great until tonight, I have two eggs of concern. First, one egg has a random dark floating spot that doesn't appear to be a part of the duck. Plenty of movement from the duck, and the spot doesn't move. Any thoughts on what that could be?

My second concern is that we have a quitter in another egg. I'm not able to distinguish the different parts of the duck, not seeing any movement, and I'm also not seeing veins anymore. I think I can see one or two very faint veins, but nothing like I've been seeing up until now. All other eggs have great veining. I've left it in for now to check tomorrow, but hoping to get some insight from you all. Thanks so much!

Does it look anything like this? My cayuga had this mystery spot in her egg that disappeared after a couple weeks in the incubator. She had a normal hatch and is a happy, healthy girl and is almost a year old now

Attachments

• 20200725_214507.jpg
    20200725_214507.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 27
No, not really. My ducks are much farther along and the egg is pretty full of duck at this point. The darker spot is more long and narrow and I've seen it in a few eggs now. All eggs (except the quitter, which I've now taken out of the incubator) are moving and seemingly healthy so I'm no longer really worried about those dark spots. Thanks for sharing and I'm very glad your cayuga is doing well!

Back
Top Bottom