Quotes and thoughts for the day

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sumi, Nov 26, 2014.

1. BayBay Peepers

BayBay Peepers Overrun With Chickens

Apr 5, 2013
    Wisconsin
    My fear is coyotes more than the stumbling haha my SO tells me how silly it is but I just don't trust them. I know they're just about everywhere and I'll never believe they're more scared of me when they travel in packs.

2. Bowleggedcowboy

Bowleggedcowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2015
    Fitzgerald, Georgia
    I can understand that!

3. BayBay Peepers

BayBay Peepers Overrun With Chickens

Apr 5, 2013
    Wisconsin
    And the idea of wolves. There's a pack not too far from here and I know one day some of them will travel here. They spread fast and the hunting season is extremely limited (which I understand to a point). But mostly coyotes because I know they're here lurking haha

How's jury duty so far?

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life Premium Member

Yay I hope we get to see them.

My first chick to hatch is this weekend then 2 more 6 days later. took a while to find bantam eggs. lol so I'll be a mama hen for 6 days.

5. N F C

N F C phooey! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Cool, I like that idea for a planter! My back would really like a break. I'll check them out, thanks WB.

We've also been talking about making some large raised beds so we don't have to bend all the way to the ground. We have an enormous garden so would have to just do a bit at a time. Time and money are also (always) a factor too. One step at a time, ya know?

6. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Oh, they are so cute! I have chick-envy now. Glad mama is taking to them.

7. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    sumi, that was a fun site to check out! Love some of the places they show, the cob homes and the boat house, really liked the bark siding and the klinker bricks. Great ideas, I'm a bit of an architecture nut. Oh, and that salvaged wood shed would make a wonderful coop!

1 person likes this.
  8. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Get your camera ready Patti!

9. Miss Lydia

Aww there they are, how adorable and look at that mama so precious. Congrats Shannon.

10. Miss Lydia

[​IMG]Good morning everyone, I sure missed this thread yesterday I don't know where Monday went but it went. I'll never catch up so I'll just start fresh. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by