Quotes and thoughts for the day

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sumi, Nov 26, 2014.

1. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    See, that will just make you look "distinguished" (it might also make young punks call you Pops), he he he

Yep, knock on wood, so far so good with the laptop. I really hate it when machines go bad because I'm no good at fixing them!

Yes, cleared that out about a week ago. Don't know what was going on yesterday. And you're right, it did log me out of everything. I thought all I would have to do was log back into stuff but I am still running into logon issues with bank accounts and even here (and that's with the "remember me" box checked too).

I dunno, sometimes I think I should have been born a couple hundred years ago when the newest thing to come along were electric lights. [​IMG]

Hey Shannon! What kind of trees are you going to plant, shade or fruit or something decorative?

2. BayBay Peepers

BayBay Peepers Overrun With Chickens

Apr 5, 2013
    Wisconsin
    We've been planting willows, silver maples, lombardi poplars (they mature and die quickly so we'll use them for winter burning), oak, and sugar maples. We've planted a kind of pine tree too, but I can't remember what they're called. The plan is to make a wind break with the pine trees in front because the farmers have taken out the tree lines around their corn fields. And we would also like to make the back yard wooded for the wildlife and ourselves. Maybe by the time we retire it will look wooded. [​IMG] I took a walk yesterday with the dogs and I saw a lot of deer beds and tracks and I could hear the turkeys. I would love to see more critters back there and help them survive the winters. It's illegal to feed/bait them here because of CWD, but if we plant trees they enjoy eating it doesn't count. [​IMG]

3. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Wow, it sounds like you're going to have a beautiful backyard woods. Nice assortment of trees and it will be fun to see the wildlife they bring in.

4. BayBay Peepers

Apr 5, 2013
    Wisconsin
    They definitely like the willows. We checked on last years trees and they ate most of the tops, but they're still alive. I did pick one fancier looking tree for myself. It's a cherry willow and the picture looked so pretty that I had to put one in the front yard. I tried to plant one that I could see from the kitchen window, but it didn't last long. Next I may try a lilac bush in that spot or another crab-apple tree. So many choices [​IMG] and I haven't even picked out what I want to put in the garden this year [​IMG]

5. BayBay Peepers

Apr 5, 2013
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  6. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Shannon, for you

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  7. BayBay Peepers

Apr 5, 2013
    Wisconsin
    I love these [​IMG][​IMG]

8. sumi

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Yes, cleared that out about a week ago. Don't know what was going on yesterday. And you're right, it did log me out of everything. I thought all I would have to do was log back into stuff but I am still running into logon issues with bank accounts and even here (and that's with the "remember me" box checked too).

I dunno, sometimes I think I should have been born a couple hundred years ago when the newest thing to come along were electric lights. [​IMG]
    Hmm, that is odd.

Well, we're glad you were born in this modern age with all these conveniences (until they go haywire) [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. sumi

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland

10. BayBay Peepers

Apr 5, 2013
    Wisconsin
    None of us could ever be accused of getting carried away. [​IMG]

I'll have to share those with my SO, I think he'll really enjoy them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by