Quotes and Thoughts for the Day

Okay, this thread is Quotes and Thoughts for the Day. So here's a thought right out of an 11 year old's mouth.

Last night Kendra was struggling to walk from the fridge to her chair. Her balance was horrible and she couldn't quite get up the courage to take her hand off the fridge door and grab the back of the chair to finish the journey. I wanted to reach out and help her, but the determination on her face told me to mind my own business. I said, "Gosh, I wish things that are so simple for us weren't so difficult for her."

Katie watched her for a minute and then said, "Gramma, when I was little and still having a lot of trouble with my autism, I got so mad if I'd start flapping and I wanted to stop it but I couldn't. Then one day I remembered what you said before it got too bad and I tucked my arms in tight and made them stay there. It took a long time, but they didn't flap and I won. Kendra's like that too, isn't she? The harder something is, the more we'll remember that we really did it."

How did she get so doggone smart?

Okay, this thread is Quotes and Thoughts for the Day. So here's a thought right out of an 11 year old's mouth.

Last night Kendra was struggling to walk from the fridge to her chair. Her balance was horrible and she couldn't quite get up the courage to take her hand off the fridge door and grab the back of the chair to finish the journey. I wanted to reach out and help her, but the determination on her face told me to mind my own business. I said, "Gosh, I wish things that are so simple for us weren't so difficult for her."

Katie watched her for a minute and then said, "Gramma, when I was little and still having a lot of trouble with my autism, I got so mad if I'd start flapping and I wanted to stop it but I couldn't. Then one day I remembered what you said before it got too bad and I tucked my arms in tight and made them stay there. It took a long time, but they didn't flap and I won. Kendra's like that too, isn't she? The harder something is, the more we'll remember that we really did it."

love.gif

I love that Blooie...Katie is wise beyond her years. You are so fortunate to have your grandkids.

Back
Top Bottom