1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

R-COM 20 TEMPERATURE HELP...PLEASE

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jm93030, Jan 21, 2012.

1. jm93030

jm93030 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    I just got an used R-COM 20 Incubator

Its being running for 5 hours now and digital display shows 99.7ºF

But I have 3 thermometers inside and all 3 shows 75ºF

what can be wrong?

Plase guys help

2. JAHVREM

JAHVREM Out Of The Brooder

Jun 23, 2009
    first guess, the original thermometer is out of sync.

but, you have to have something good to start with. 75 is a little warmer than room temp. what does it feel like?

do you have any way to calibrate, or how do you know that the 3 are correct? set them in the room for starters, and it is a very crude guess, but you have to know which is correct.

what is your room temp? look at your thermostat, can you tell your room temp? then use your 3 to see how accurately they read the room temp, this will tell whether the 3 are correct, or the one in the bator is correct.

have you any experience with the 3 thermometers? do you trust this 75 degree read?

3. jm93030

jm93030 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009

It feels kind of cold inside the incubator

1 of the thermometers I have use it before and is pretty accurate

4. JAHVREM

JAHVREM Out Of The Brooder

Jun 23, 2009
    if your other 2 are reading the same as the one you trust, then these are the accurate temp, especially since you said it feels kindof cool in the bator. turn it up, i hope you don't have eggs set yet. and raise the temp to 99.8 on your thermometers.

then you have to calibrate the bator's thermometer to yours. after several hrs at consistant temp, then put eggs in...good luck!! don't forget accurate humidity!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by