1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

R-com Incubator questions...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by herechickchick, Feb 22, 2008.

1. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Does anyone have them and what do you like/dislike about them. I am thinking of a digital incubator for better hatch results. Just looking for everyones thoughts on the subject.

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I don't have one, but my thoughts is that it is a highly expensive gagety type of incubator which doesn't hold enough eggs.

As for analog vs digital, if the components are made cheaply, they can be way of calibration and much worse than analog. Just because it is digital, doesn't mean that it is better. This goes for all electronics from thermometers to multimeters to even tire pressure guages. I personally am old school and like analog things, even though a lot of analog things went out of style before I was born!

That said, if you have the money to spend on it, I see that people have good experiences with it. I personally like the Roll x and GFQ cabinet bators which are in the 500-600 range or so and hold 50-250 eggs or so instead of 3 or 20.

I have a home made one at home... holds about 24 and if i were to do it again, would have doubled it's size... started the project when I was like 12 so didn't think that far ahead.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by