R-com suro configuration

orios

Hatching
9 Years
Feb 24, 2010
Hello,
this is my first incubation with R-com Suro 20.
I would to hatching Marans' eggs. It's correct to set the temperature at 37.5°C and humidity at 45% for the first 18 days with the run eggs turn and from 19 to 21 days Temp at 37.5°C and Humidity at 65% with the eggs turn stopped.
I have read in pandtpoultry manual that is recommed to set temp in the last 3 days at 37.0°C but I'm diffident for that configuration!
In the last 3 day I have to use the bigger sponge for increase the humidity at 65% and remove the internal partitions, right?
For Marans eggs is recommed to increase the humidity up 65% in the last 3 days?

Thanks a lot

Best regards

-Oriano-

I would leave the temp alone through the entire process. I have mine running at 45% humidity (but I think I might drop it to 42%), and will be increasing humidity to 60-65% the last 3 days. Remove from the turning cradle (you can remove partitions or not) the last 3 days.

Quote:
It's good 37.5 C for the entire process? In the last 3 day when I removr the partition, I have tu put eggs orizzontal? Thanks

I try to put inside one Mercury thermometer over the sponge: the rcom say me 37.5 C and the thermometer 36.6 C.
The rcom is new and isn’t calibrated? Have I to calibrate this?
Thanks

Hi Orios,

I'm running my first hatch in my new RCom Suro. I'm hatching duck eggs, so my settings are slightly different than yours-- 99.5 F and 55% humidity. Someone else will have to chime in on what's appropriate for Maran eggs.

You are likely to have to switch to the bigger sponge to reach 65% humidity. I couldn't get up to even 55% with the small one, so any higher is probably going to require the big one, unless your room humidity is much higher than mine (low 30's).

I am planning on removing the dividers for the last three days of my hatch, but not because I want to lay the eggs on their sides, but because I'm going to replace them with an egg carton to help contain the mess of the hatch. You can remove them to lay the eggs on their sides, but you don't have to. Plenty of people here hatch them large end up with great success. Either way, you will definitely remove it from the turning cradle for the last three days.

I did not calibrate my Suro before I started the hatch. The problem with calibration is that you have to have a thermometer that you know is dead accurate, and I don't have one. So if you know your second thermometer is dead accurate, then follow the directions that came with the Suro to calibrate it.

Quote:
Thanks for reply! I can leave the eggs vertically for the last 3 day,too?

There is 2°C different to my Mercury termomether: the mercury thermometer is accuracy but, I don't have hygrometer accuracy for set humidity
sad.png

Yes, you can leave them vertical for the last three days if you want.

If you want to buy a hygrometer, there are directions on this forum on how to calibrate it. Once you've calibrated it, you can put it in and check it against the reading on your incubator. People seem to be less fussy about humidity percentages than they are about temperature (I guess there's less margin for error with temps), so I think a lot of people don't worry about calibrating hygrometers and double checking one against the other, but it can't hurt to do it.

Back
Top Bottom