R.I.P Fuzzy Butt

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bradybrady09, Apr 9, 2009.

1. bradybrady09

bradybrady09 BANNED

Mar 19, 2009
    Vermont
    out of the 3 chicks i had hatched i let them be alone for a few hours then i just checked on them and the second one that hatched has stopped breathing and died i didnt open the bator or anything:( what could have happened.

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Sorry for your loss. It just happens some times. Not all chicks make it in the end as lots of little developmental issues can happen to them and they aren't made right.

3. jnjross

jnjross Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    edwards, ms
    chicks can, like human babies, poo before they hatch and can get an infection,

4. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Sorry for your loss. Silkiechicken is right. Nature isn't always perfect.

5. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    [​IMG] Awww, I'm so sorry. That's right, there are a lot of things that can go wrong with a chick, even one that hatches successfully. At that age there's not much you could do to help it if it doesn't already have the inherent strength to survive on its own. If you had been messing around with them & opening the incubator a lot you might have lost more.

In nature birds often lay more eggs than they need to have hatch, and hatch more chicks than they need to survive. But that goes hard on us who love each & every little eggling & newborn chick.

Bury your chickie under a favorite bush or tree so she'll give her energy to its growth and so, in that way, continue to live.

6. Jennings Gamefowl

Jennings Gamefowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    CORDOVA,SOUTH CAROLINA
    [​IMG] sooo sorry for your loss.. i know what its like to lose a little fuzzy...

7. Gazinga

Gazinga Chook Norris

Quote:Nature is always perfect, we just dont always understand.....

just my opinion......

8. Gazinga

Gazinga Chook Norris

sorry, but still i feel for your loss, sorry

9. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    Aww, I'm sorry! [​IMG]

10. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

Its not easy with chicks and nature. Gazinga it is an interesting comment and you've got a point.
    I can honestly say that I feel for you today, I had to cull one of them, you talk about difficult. Especially when he looked at me with absolute trust.
    You take care and know that you gave the chick the best you could for the time you gave it! Your love and heart beat was felt and will continue on with those that are surviving.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by