R Ur Peacocks Layn yet? What do you have them laying in??

erijn5

Songster
11 Years
May 8, 2008
South Central IL
My peacocks should be laying this yr. I have 6 girls and 2 boys..They are all of age to be breeding. Are yours laying yet?

And what do you have in your pens for them to lay their eggs in???

hu.gif

celebrate.gif
I talked to a guy this evening and he says in 15yrs he has never seen his breed..but always has fertile eggs...mine were flaunting it ALL DAY! I can't wait for those eggggggssss!!!

erijn5,,I'm about 45 minutes drive north of Champaign here,,and need another 3-4 days of serious building before I can even seperate mine for breeding.I gotta stop buying on a "whim" then always having to build as they grow here.I'm hoping nothing begins here until the end of the month,mine are all coming 2 year olds this spring so maybe that will delay them some,,,I still have worming to be done as well as their new building and outside pens finished.

erijn5,,I'm about 45 minutes drive north of Champaign here,,and need another 3-4 days of serious building before I can even seperate mine for breeding.I gotta stop buying on a "whim" then always having to build as they grow here.I'm hoping nothing begins here until the end of the month,mine are all coming 2 year olds this spring so maybe that will delay them some,,,I still have worming to be done as well as their new building and outside pens finished.

I'm an hr west of Champaign..lol 1/2hr south of Marshall! Do you have any cameo's???? I haven't got mine separated this prolly won't at this point I think I will just hatch all the babies out for myself this yr. I don't know who will be laying what..
roll.png

I bought 3 seperate Cameo egg auctions off e-bay last year,,,15 eggs total,,,and NOTTA,NILL,NOTHING,Not even a faint of darkness started in any of those eggs,,I really want a pen of Cameos,,(like I really need another color) but I did hatch out one lone cameo w/e hen 2 years ago,,she's all the cameo thats here at Pea Palace

I bought 3 seperate Cameo egg auctions off e-bay last year,,,15 eggs total,,,and NOTTA,NILL,NOTHING,Not even a faint of darkness started in any of those eggs,,I really want a pen of Cameos,,(like I really need another color) but I did hatch out one lone cameo w/e hen 2 years ago,,she's all the cameo thats here at Pea Palace

there will be lots of cameo at mt hope.....lot of cameo out there....my guess you could get one for 85.00 or lower 2 yr old.

Once,I bought 6 peafowl eggs-assorted colors.That gentleman generously shipped10 of them-individually wraped with bubble wrap exceedingly well and lots of shredded paper as a cushion in the box. They arrived intact safely.I incubated them at 99.5 F and 50% humidity. The result was -none of them hatched.Also there was no indication of any initiation of growth inside the eggs.My conclusion is- that the respiratoty process was arrested for 2-3 days when wrapped with plastic or may the embryos have gotten detached from the yolk, due to the vibration and shaking they suffered in transit. Since then, I decided not to have the eggs shipped. And I do not to ship the eggs for the same said reason above.. We learn from our experiences.

Back
Top Bottom