1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Rabbit Adopted Me - What Kind?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by countrygirl86, Aug 19, 2014.

1. countrygirl86

countrygirl86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2014
    Sunday night we had just finished tending our flock of chickens and this little rabbit came into our back yard. She is definitely not a wild rabbit. She is very friendly and was extremely interested in the chickens, sniffing at the run fence and standing up looking in. We caught her and set her up in a pen inside the coop separate from the chickens for the night. I am not sure if she escaped or if someone just let her go. I have not seen any signs posted for a missing rabbit but I intend on caring for her unless someone comes forward.

[​IMG]

Any idea what breed she may be? She is small. I am not sure how old she is.

We had not intended on having a rabbit, so any helpful advice or resources would be appreciated.

2. chickenlover09

chickenlover09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2014
    Maybe an english spot or mix?

3. CityFarmer202

CityFarmer202 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2014
    Missouri
    looks like an english spot mix to me. maybe 6 months old? just guessing from just a pic, not positive. She is cute! Good luck!!!!

4. PeanutXoXo

PeanutXoXo New Egg

Sep 1, 2014
    either way, their droppings make for great fertilizer! no need to wait, apply directly in the garden =)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by