Rabbit Breeding????

Bethany101

Songster
Apr 18, 2020
I have a silver fox buck who prefers to give the females oral rather than mount them. I don't understand. He will mount a few times then go around the back, root around a bit, and go to town. Hell keep going as long as I let it go on. After 5 or 10 minutes of trying to correct him I give up and put the female back.

What is going on. I have never heard of this happening. I'm so confused.

Is he young? That could also be the reason. Just like in chickens sometimes young cockerels aren’t so good at doing the deed just yet. :lol: Just try to be patient (I know it’s hard) and give it time. Maybe try leaving him in a little longer.

Is he young? That could also be the reason. Just like in chickens sometimes young cockerels aren’t so good at doing the deed just yet. :lol: Just try to be patient (I know it’s hard) and give it time. Maybe try leaving him in a little longer.

He is 2 years old and I have been trying to breed him for an entire year now. He was not proven when I got him. Was going to replace his dad but the guy chose a different one. Starting to think because he was not good at breeding. I have stood and watched for up to an hour on many occasions with various females. Same thing happens every time. I have even left them together for 24 hours or more and still nothing.

He is 2 years old and I have been trying to breed him for an entire year now. He was not proven when I got him. Was going to replace his dad but the guy chose a different one. Starting to think because he was not good at breeding. I have stood and watched for up to an hour on many occasions with various females. Same thing happens every time. I have even left them together for 24 hours or more and still nothing.
Hmm, then I would try getting a new male if possible. Maybe from a different line.

Back
Top Bottom