Rabbit color question?

MyParadiseFalls

Songster
Nov 22, 2022
I’m going to breed a classically colored Californian doe to a sandy colored NZ buck, does anybody know if I can get colors out of these or will I always get Californian color w black nose and ears?

I ran this through rabbit register's "genetic what-if" and here's what I got. Grain of salt. Without knowing the exact genetics of the sire and dam here this is AT BEST an approximation. I make no guarantees this is what you will get if you pair these rabbits. I've never bred cals or NZ's so I don't know definitively. I easn't even aware sandy was a recognized color for NZ's so it could be interesting.

Screenshot 2023-01-30 120339.png

I ran this through rabbit register's "genetic what-if" and here's what I got. Grain of salt. Without knowing the exact genetics of the sire and dam here this is AT BEST an approximation. I make no guarantees this is what you will get if you pair these rabbits. I've never bred cals or NZ's so I don't know definitively. I easn't even aware sandy was a recognized color for NZ's so it could be interesting.

View attachment 3390871
What is this awesome program??! Is it available online? I've been over here trying to do this by hand like a dingus.

View attachment 3390871
It's nit a recognized color as far as I'm aware. Usually you get that color by breeding a red to a white

Back
Top Bottom