Rabbit Hutch or Banty Run Build

Is this for one rabbit? Or multiple rabbits? It's a good size.
I usually divide it in 3 pens. This one i am not going to do so because i have 2 young sisters so they will get 2/3 of the space and the other doe will get the rest. I can always add a divider if they start to fight later. I am thinking they will keep each other warm.
Tonight i went out and cut the wood for one divider and one door and painted it. Plus i found a piece of plywood for one end and painted that. So i will have a good start for tomorrow.

Today i was trying to get things fortified outside for the cold days ahead. I did get a bit of work done on the bunny hutch.
I put in the divider, and the door for that section of the coop. Plus i painted a piece of barn board to cover the mesh door during cold weather.
20171212_210232.jpg
20171212_210215.jpg

You can see the end barn board is not attached yet. I may hinge it or have it slide down, still deciding.

Today i made another door and installed it. One to go, then finish up the front and close in the ends. Might even finish tomorrow. My little dog refused to sit on the rug scrap he likes and sat there shiveling in the workshop. I probably would have stayed out longer but it was 36 in there.
20171213_160148.jpg

Winter dish for bunny water, so they don't flip it over.
20171213_213553.jpg

I bought the coop or crate cups from Wal-Mart. They attach to the wire, and the dish is removable. Cost around 7 dollars. So far they are working great.

Are you adding anything like a hiding box? Are these going outside or in a shed?

My bucks stink and pee like cats, spraying out, and marking stuff. The one was spraying across the way to the doe he was close to. We eventually moved him.

I bought the coop or crate cups from Wal-Mart. They attach to the wire, and the dish is removable. Cost around 7 dollars. So far they are working great.

Are you adding anything like a hiding box? Are these going outside or in a shed?

My bucks stink and pee like cats, spraying out, and marking stuff. The one was spraying across the way to the doe he was close to. We eventually moved him.
I am going to put them in the goat shed for the winter. But not draft proof so i want ends on the condos. I will give them boxes to warm up in if they want and i also lay down plywood in places for them to walk or lay on.
The dishes i buy are from Goodwill, usually a dollar or 2 each. The holders are scrap wood. So it is just nails and screws i use from the workshop. Keeps me busy.

Today i made another door and installed it. One to go, then finish up the front and close in the ends. Might even finish tomorrow. My little dog refused to sit on the rug scrap he likes and sat there shiveling in the workshop. I probably would have stayed out longer but it was 36 in there. View attachment 1208996
Winter dish for bunny water, so they don't flip it over.
View attachment 1208997
Today i shopped all day and picked up more wood. It was well after dark when i got back. But late this evening i painted more boards i cut to make 1 more divider and another door. Bought more screws, latches for the doors and extra hinges. Tomorrow i will cut more barn board to cover the doors and attach more wire so it should be rabbit escape proof. I will have to paint the legs. Things are coming together! More pictures tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom