Rabbit in Labor, Or should I worry?

kelseygirl707

Dances with Chickens
10 Years
Mar 3, 2009
Lakeport, Ca.
Hey Guys,
This is my second Rabbit Kindling ever, and I have a question... My Doe Alice miscarried 1 kit 9 days before her Due date (Her Due date is this Friday), so I am not sure if she is still prego or not. Tonight I noticed a couple of drops of blood in her nest box. She hasn't pulled fur yet. So Should I worry, or assume she is in labor? She is 7.5 months and this is her first Pregnancy. With my other Doe I never so any blood, but with this one, there was a little blood when She miscarried, and a few drops tonight. All the Kits in my other Does litter turned out to be Max Factor Kits, so between this and the 1 miscarried kit, I haven't had a very good start in Rabbits... And I'm anxious.

Wow. You poor thing... I will try to do some research to find out what I can for you... Give me a few minutes...
wink.png

Alright... I am back...

I didn't really find anything though... I would palpate to see if she has a kit stuck... That would cause the bleeding... Be gentle though, or you risk injury to the kits if she is still pregnant.

Last edited:
Thank you, I did Palpate, and didn't feel anything, but then I don't really know what I am feeling for aside from an obvous mass.... I guess I will just check on her when I get up to feed the baby, and again when I wake up... Not much else I can do.

you can alway go to
Backyardherds.com
they have a whole lot of things on rabbits and alot of people who know what to look for and what they are talking about!!
i hope everythings okay.. besure to update us with it..
Good luck

this has happend to me 2 times and I dont no you probbly will be expecting more from her but they will probbly be bead and was the first kit dead?

Quote:
First kit was dead, but that was a week ago.... And I have heard they can expell a dead kit, and continue to carry live ones....

Still no change this morning.... I will check her when I go home in a couple hours.

Back
Top Bottom