Rabbit in Labor, Or should I worry?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by kelseygirl707, Nov 16, 2011.

1. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Hey Guys,
    This is my second Rabbit Kindling ever, and I have a question... My Doe Alice miscarried 1 kit 9 days before her Due date (Her Due date is this Friday), so I am not sure if she is still prego or not. Tonight I noticed a couple of drops of blood in her nest box. She hasn't pulled fur yet. So Should I worry, or assume she is in labor? She is 7.5 months and this is her first Pregnancy. With my other Doe I never so any blood, but with this one, there was a little blood when She miscarried, and a few drops tonight. All the Kits in my other Does litter turned out to be Max Factor Kits, so between this and the 1 miscarried kit, I haven't had a very good start in Rabbits... And I'm anxious.

2. CCourson05

CCourson05 Popping like kettle corn...

Jan 5, 2011
    Hickory Flat, MS
    Wow. You poor thing... I will try to do some research to find out what I can for you... Give me a few minutes... [​IMG]

Alright... I am back...

I didn't really find anything though... I would palpate to see if she has a kit stuck... That would cause the bleeding... Be gentle though, or you risk injury to the kits if she is still pregnant.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  3. kelseygirl707

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Thank you, I did Palpate, and didn't feel anything, but then I don't really know what I am feeling for aside from an obvous mass.... I guess I will just check on her when I get up to feed the baby, and again when I wake up... Not much else I can do.

4. Evelle

Evelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    North Idaho
    you can alway go to
    Backyardherds.com
    they have a whole lot of things on rabbits and alot of people who know what to look for and what they are talking about!!
    i hope everythings okay.. besure to update us with it..
    Good luck

5. rebel-rousing-at-night

rebel-rousing-at-night Chillin' With My Peeps

Good luck with your bunny.

Probably in this case you will just have to let nature take it's course.

I'd forgotten all about the max factor kits. I've only had one of those.

6. goofy98

goofy98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2011
    Prineville
    this has happend to me 2 times and I dont no you probbly will be expecting more from her but they will probbly be bead and was the first kit dead?

7. kelseygirl707

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Quote:First kit was dead, but that was a week ago.... And I have heard they can expell a dead kit, and continue to carry live ones....

Still no change this morning.... I will check her when I go home in a couple hours.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by