Rabbit mating question.

OPIE

Songster
11 Years
Jul 7, 2008
Freeman Mo.
Well I put my New Zealand Doe in with my NZ buck, he chased her around, did the snuffle shuffle, but just got off looked around chased her again, did it again. This went on for about 40 minutes, I was waiting to hear a squeel, or him fall off (as someone said they would do when he "scored") and he never did that, how do I know if he got the job done or not?
hmm.png
This is a new buck I have had for about 1 month now, I have not breed rabits before but am getting into it.
Thanks

Sounds like he was successful to me. You should know in 30 days or so. One thing I did learn when my boys showed rabbits is to not leave the male in too long. The female will castorate him!!!
sad.png

when you go out there one day and see that she has pulled her hair out you will know she is fixing to have babies soon.

LOL , thanks for the advice! I didnt want to leave him in that long, but I got side tracked, when I came back he was still in the process.
tongue.png

If she didnt lift for him he didnt get her. the does have complete control over when they are bred it's not a matter of just the buck getting on the doe the doe has to lift her hind end or be lifted (by the breeder). That'd explain why you didnt hear him squeel/grunt and fall off.

I doubt she has been breed. It is pretty obvious. He'll jump on her back and do his thing. When he has found the 'right spot' he'll suddenly freeze still, then fall over on his side. He'll look like he suddenly died in the middle of it all. They don't always squeal but they do always look like they freeze, die and fall. Try it again - maybe he'll be bored of the new smells this time.

Back
Top Bottom