Rabbit underweight?

Sounds like he's just a little on the small size for the breed, then. There will always be individual variance. Unless you are showing him, no problem. Your kits are darling.

Thank you for replying!:D
I appreciate you taking time out of your day for this!
And yes, I agree. the kits are pretty Darling arent they? :bun
Have a good day!

Your rabbit is small for a Californian but he appears to be in good physical condition. That is all that matters really.

My rabbits are "underweight" if I can feel their bones. If he's thick and plump and rounded out, he's just a small Cali.

I have a buck that's maybe just 5-6lbs (mix breed) but over very large does he throws very large babies. However! He consistently only produces litter of 2-5. My other breeding buck produces 7-10 every time. This rings true even when I swap their girls around- it's not the girls, it's the boys. Every girl I have is capable of producing 10 kits, they've all proven it.

So my conclusion is this smaller buck is not very fertile. He's also not very large. His brother (who lives on another farm) is HUGE and produces lots of babies. I will phase this boy out someday, but he's carrot orange and throws GORGEOUS colors, so I want as many does out of him as possible before he retires :)

Back
Top Bottom