rabbit will not gain weight???? suggeswtions

Country Living Farm

Songster
10 Years
Apr 18, 2009
Florida
Ok, I have two NZ White and one Flemish. The Flemish is not huge and one of the NZ is as well. They are all the same age. Well.....one
NZ will not gain weight. It is tiny and is pure but I do not know what to do to put on some wieght. I want to breed her but due to her size I am not sure if something is wrong. Her fur comes out with ease, not sure if she is just sheading or something. I was told to feed her Horse Pellets with Mollases (sp).....

any suggestion. O, I have also wormed all of them with invectim.

I am not sure I have never seen this in my rabbits... her fur pulls right out? She may have nutritional deficiancy..coccidiosis, mange, somehow she is not getting what she needs...I'd ask a vet and get a fecal screen done.

I had Florida White Rabbits and my female, ANGEL, had a problem with weight. I changed her feed. Before we were giving her regular rabbit pellets. We finally got her to gain up her weight by getting a Rabbit Mix feed from Walmart that includes alot of veggie mixes and hay in the feed. I don't remember the name of the food. She died a little over a month ago when a snake got into her cage.

Back
Top Bottom