rabbits fur in nest box????

kcmarshall

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 30, 2008
Wyoming
My dd rabbit is acting like she is going to have babies, but has never been out of her cage but to come inside to play and has not been around a male rabbit. We have had her for 7 months. We have 2 rabbits, one big meat rabbit and her, a small breed rabbit, both females, both live by themselves next to each other. It has been about 3 month since they we out to play together, since they don't do well with each other.
She has been running around with straw in her mouth and has made a huge nest in her cardboard box and as today it has about 2 hand fulls of fur in the nest.

What is going on and what do we need to do?

I have heard of rabbits being fasle pregnant. But that is after being with a male.

Our California rabbit would do the same thing and she was never around a male. I guess she was just practicing.

So you have no males living on the property, is that right? I have heard of males getting it on through the wire before, but if there are no males, that wouldn't be an issue. Females can have a false pregnancy without being with a male, simply from hormones acting up.

Back
Top Bottom