Rabbits online?

When I had rabbits, I always had to fly them in from other provinces, otherwise I went to the breeders place/meeting place or to the shows to pick up just like I would have to for a dog/puppy.

It's pretty expensive to have them shipped...you have to pay for airfare, plus a health cert.

Most people just use a bunny transport...still expensive

or

Drive themselves to get whatever they want! ROADTRIP!
bun.gif

Your best bet is to do a search of breeders who breed the rabbits you're interested in, then see if they are coming to any shows near you.

You can search ARBA.net for a list of shows in your state.

I checked on shipping, and it is like $275 for an XL dog crate. Of course, that doesn't include the dog crate, or the travel cages, feed cups, health certificate! It would be cheaper to just drive and pick them up in most cases!

Dawn

I have shipped guinea pigs across the country and it was NOT a very cheap affair. By the time I included pigs, cage, labels and inserts for the cage and shipping cost it was just under $500. Mind you these were 8 young small pigs (under 22 ounces) and I split the order with my bf. I would only advise to do this in decent weather for shipping (not too hot mainly) and if you are really serious about bringing in a certain breed or bloodline. I cannot imagine you could get 8 rabbits - even the dwarfs in the 8 hole carrier like I purchased from KW Cages, but you can check their site for rabbit transport carriers. I used Frontier Cargo and you can also use Delta in some places for shipping. Must pick up at their airport office - so could be travel involved.

I did look on ARBA and found a listing under state:
FL - FLORIDA STATE RBA - Astatula
Linda Summerall - 13640 Woodland Dr - Astatula, FL 00310

And here is a link to District 6 ARBA listings -- Florida is this district..
http://www.arba.net/district/6/rabbit-clubs.htm

I would suggest seeking out a local or state show and see if you can find a breeder from there that has the stock you want. If you are looking for basic meat rabbits then you can also contact your local 4H leaders and see if they have any info on a breeder.

Hope that helps!

Back
Top Bottom