Rabbits!

I love rabbits because...

• They're sooo cute!

Votes: 52 27.5%
  • They're friendly!

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • They're entertaining!

Votes: 40 21.2%
  • They've cast me under their fluffy spell!

Votes: 78 41.3%

• Total voters
Here is a picture of one of my baby rabbits
aww sooo cute a lot smaller than my lil guy was lol but Biggin was the only one born

I am new to BYC so I'm not sure I'm in the right place. I am currently researching chickens/rabbits because I am planning to raise them. I've found a thread for horizontal chicken nipples to make the automatic waterers but my question is has anyone here had any luck using them for rabbits? I plan to use them for my chickens and thought it would be a good deal to use for rabbits too.

Thanks!

I am new to BYC so I'm not sure I'm in the right place. I am currently researching chickens/rabbits because I am planning to raise them. I've found a thread for horizontal chicken nipples to make the automatic waterers but my question is has anyone here had any luck using them for rabbits? I plan to use them for my chickens and thought it would be a good deal to use for rabbits too.

Thanks!
rabbits will use them but they have to learn by smelling them and nudgind to figure out water comes from it. It doest take long but make Sir all plastic and rubber pieces are outside of the cage where they can not chew them

Rabbits are herbivores. Their digestive systems really aren't designed to handle some of the ingredients in that recipe, like eggs and eggshell/oyster shell. While they might eat them and enjoy them as a treat, I'm thinking that nutritionally, those flock blocks would be pretty high in carbohydrates and fats, and not something that you'd want your rabbit to have much of at a time.

As far as Fern's possible pregnancy - you really can't tell, most of the time. A doe that is carrying a large litter may develop a noticeable tummy within a few days of kindling ("noticeable" when she is stretched out or lying flat on her side, that is), but most of the time, pregnancy really doesn't "show" much on a doe.

Rabbits are herbivores. Their digestive systems really aren't designed to handle some of the ingredients in that recipe, like eggs and eggshell/oyster shell. While they might eat them and enjoy them as a treat, I'm thinking that nutritionally, those flock blocks would be pretty high in carbohydrates and fats, and not something that you'd want your rabbit to have much of at a time.

As far as Fern's possible pregnancy - you really can't tell, most of the time. A doe that is carrying a large litter may develop a noticeable tummy within a few days of kindling ("noticeable" when she is stretched out or lying flat on her side, that is), but most of the time, pregnancy really doesn't "show" much on a doe.

I palpated her and it felt like grrape size lumps-pregnant?

So it might be okay if I feed them a bit once a week or twice a week? I only put a couple eggs worth of eggshells inbthen. Some mightvnot have any in then.

. My baby is part Rex and nezeland white. He was almost 6 inches long when he was born
That must be it because Netherland dwarfs are the smallest breed of rabbit. Rex's and New Zealand whites are much bigger then Netherland dwarf. Look up pictures of Netherland dwarfs if you wan to see how small they are. My breeding doe (Zelda) is 3 pounds, but most Netherland dwarfs are 2 and a half pounds if they are seniors, 2 pounds for juniors here is my best buck, thumper

Quote: Even the babies of New Zealands are typically only about 3-4 inches long at birth (maybe half again the size of a Netherland Dwarf baby). As I recall, your little guy was the only kit in his litter. When a doe conceives only one or two kits in a litter, they tend to go a few days past the normal gestation, and grow a good bit bigger. Typically, birthing these babies is such a laborious process, they don't survive. He was an unusually large kit because of his "singleton" status, and he's a very lucky little rabbit to be alive!

Back
Top Bottom